Monday, February 23, 2009

In Case You Were Wondering.... Being Sick SUCKS!!


OK, so taking a week off of running just before the half marathon you're supposed to run on February 28th is not the necessarily the best idea. On the other hand having the family shut down for a week with strep (especially Mom being totally out of commission) can put a kink in any training program.

I ran 4 miles today, my first run in week. And ya know what? I felt pretty dog gone good doing it. I was just cruising right along. In fact it was the best run I've had in two weeks. Which is always pleasing when you're over 40. Actually, any physical endeavor that leaves you feeling unaffected when you are over 40 flats out ROCKS!! Don't get me wrong I'm still fairly freaked out about running a half marathon this Saturday. Wait, did I just say this Saturday? So, maybe a touch more than fairly freaked, but I've run 11.5 miles so I think I'll be OK. My wife is ready, which for as sick as she was is kind of amazing. But, as I have said, she's in better shape than me, which is still annoying.

After this run is over three things are gonna happen: 1. I'm going to drink some beers for the first time since the Super Bowl. 2. I'm going to eat some really greasy, nasty bar food. 3. I'm going to ride my bike for a while. As for now I'm to going to just be a regular guy running. See you in the beer tent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites